Wednesday, September 29

ridin solo

I'm living alone for the first time in my life.
(Statue of Eleanor Rigby in Stanley Street, Liverpool.)
         When I say alone, I do not just mean without my family; I mean alone, in a single apartment. I expected to love being free from distractions and disturbances, so I could focus on school. It was absolutely liberating being able to walk around in my underwear or blast 70's music or cook fish without someone complaining about the smell.


Yes, all of these things have been awesome, and I still giggle to myself when I'm flipping pancakes at midnight and jamming to Fleetwood Mac. But I miss being greeted when I come back from class, being surprised by my friends knocking on my door just to say hi, and walking down the hall to borrow someone's printer or a curling iron.


So yeah, I don't have to listen to the loud girl next door skyping her boyfriend at 3 in the morning.

But is 19 too young to be living completely alone? 
I'm starting to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you thinking what i'm thinking?