Thursday, March 3

Day 19

At this hour, you must forgive any mistakes or offenses I commit via blogging.


Today I learned...that I am not above "potty humor."


bathroom,dress,expression,fashion,fisheye,flickr,focus,fun,hands,life,photography,pose,retro,skirt,snapshot,toilet,woman-714c05b9c41620891453dc9a0dda4cc5_m.jpgScoff as you might, but jokes about digestion, genitals,and body fluids will never cease to amuse us. Why? Because they makes us uncomfortable! They are intimate and forbidden and graphic...and strangely, hilarious. I have, for so long, upheld that the theatre is no place for cheap laughs. But, dammit, today I realized: what is more natural, more freeing, than talking about our bodies? We live in them, for goodness' sake! And they surprise us every day. So, why not talk about it! Not too much; just enough to get a good laugh and let it rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you thinking what i'm thinking?