Thursday, June 16

Still Learning

I must learn how to ask for help.

Hauling a queen-size wooden headboard in a Honda Civic, and proceeding to then load it singlehandedly into my apartment and install it myself, is just not something a reasonable person would do. A reasonable person would ask for help.  


So, that's what I'm working on, starting now. I will accept that even if I can do something of that magnitude alone, I shouldn't. 
_The ultimate question is, why should I?_ 
With so many people in my life more than ready to help, I have no one but my own stubborn self to blame when I choose to take the whole world on my shoulders (just like my statue friend, pictured above).


Over the past two weeks, I have determined that I am most definitely an A-type personality. It hurts to admit that because people generally don't enjoy being around us "high-strung" A-types. But I'm learning very, very quickly (from living with a solid B-type) that something's gotta give
Today, that something is leaving my headboard leaning against the wall until I find someone to help me assemble it. 


..even though it's driving me nuts to see it there...


Nope, I'm going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you thinking what i'm thinking?